Thursday 23 August 2012

Furniture Shopping... Continued....

Tonight after my afternoon shopping trip Papa decide to come home early and, as the children were pretty exhausted from a day playing football, we decided to head back to the store and select and buy the furniture for the new home.

We selected our swatches, decided on the furniture style and mixed and matched and then waited for a sales assistant.... And waited.... And waited... Then finally the M and S assistant came over to ask if we were being seen yet. Lea looked at her and simply said, " No... And I am getting very bored." the lady took us to one side and placed our order. She wasn't very computer literate and deleted the order twice, over charged us, then corrected it and under charged us, then re-corrected it. Whilst we were doing the delivery details she said, "According to data protection I can only book the delivery through yourself or the other gentleman." I wasn't sure what she meant and then she indicated Papa.
"Oh, you mean him!" I exclaimed, "Yes, you can use his details." and I duly gave Papas name and phone number. The elderly assistant noticed that we had the same surname, she looked a bit puzzled and then said, "Oh, is he your son as well?"....

I told her he would be thrilled to know that....

We then went through all the details again and she lost them all again. We had now been there for nearly two hours and there is only so much Angry Birds that even two small kids can play. "I can input it all again for you." she said. "I think I can order it online now I have all the details myself." I replied. "Well, I am back in at 2pm tomorrow if you want to pop by," she told me. I smiled and we left.

I have just managed to order all the furniture online in our chosen colours in about 5 minutes...oh well, at least it got us out of the house....

No comments:

Post a Comment