Friday 28 December 2012

Christmas 2

So after the festivities of the big day were done with we moved onto Boxing Day and the countdown to TJ's birthday, which is on the 28th. It's like one long party in our house!

KC went to his room and spent much of the day filming his own version of Batman versus Spider-Man whilst battling his giant gecko... It was actually quite imaginative and stood up to the four times he made us watch it. Grandpa and Grandma from Singapore sent over Skylanders Giants, a game for their Wii console... They loved it and spent the remainder of the evening playing it in the playroom whilst we adults fell out over the board game Frustration which my aunt sent for the children....it was actually great fun...

My aunt called on Boxing Day via the FaceTime thingy on the iPad... Also there was my Nan who is staying with my Aunt over the festive period. We all chatted about our Christmas so far. 'Did you all have a nice Christmas?' My aunt innocently asked, 'Yes, we did thank you... ' I was rudely cut off by my Mum who said, 'Well, you know who didnt have a nice Christmas don't you?' and then my Mum launched into a list of 'people who wouldn't be enjoying Christmas!' Namely my sister and her partner who have both come down with a viral infection, as has my nephew... And TJ was ill... Mum was relishing the tales... I could see my Aunt was trying to keep things jolly as Mum turned our joyful family Christmas into an feature length episode of Eastenders.... We soon said our goodbyes.... I say soon, it took about 10 minutes as my Mum, Aunt and near deaf Nan had a three way tussle over when Mum was returning home... I'm still not sure if its Sunday or Monday and she's staying with me....

ASBO dog has been ok this trip... She has only mauled my dog four or five times, barked at the Christmas wreath, tree, presents... Anything with the word Christmas in it really... She is not a festive hound. We sent the cat away for the week, although I think the cat was secretly pleased as he went into his cat box without a murmur, which is very unusual...

I may have been a bit full of a cold and may have lost a bit of Christmas spirit but I have to say this has been the best Christmas for years... Really lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment